Saturday 19 May 2012

Jane Fielder at home and abroad

Jane Fielder

Name: Jane Fielder

5 words to describe your practice: colourful, quirky, intuitive, varied, prolific

Exhibiting at:  Jane Fielder Open House

Wynyates
Bromley Road
Bingley, BD16 4DA
Tel 01274 551939.

Cuppa and Cake on the lawn, paintings throughout the house. Colourful interpretations of Cityscapes, Flowers and Domesticity, set in the environment that inspired them. Hundreds of paintings!

Everyone welcome, bring the family.
Sat 2 June to Tues 5 June, 2pm to 7pm.

The most unusual thing about my work is...  The amount and variety. I must have thousands of paintings.

3 biggest inspirations on your practice:  Life, love, location

Jane talks about her interest in her work from across the globe:
I once received an email from the publishers Hodder and Stoughton requesting a painting as a gift for well known crime writer Sophie Hannah.
"Did you know she had dedicated her latest novel to you?"...it went on. I had no idea.
The book The Other Half Lives is not only dedicated to me but talks about my work and specific paintings, and even mentions the framer that I use.

A lady in California contacted me to see if I was REAL (she found me via the internet having seen my name in the novel. She has since bought several of my paintings.

In my current exhibition "Staithes" at The Bingley Gallery a couple contacted me from New Zealand, wanting to buy the six foot long water colour I have on show "Skinningrove - I love this place". (below). It is immensely uplifting to imagine someone from the other side of the world wanting one of my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment