Monday 14 May 2012

Landscape painter Sue Strange


Name: Sue Strange

5 words to describe your practice: I’m primarily a landscape painter

Exhibiting at:
Rosedale Cottage Studio
17 High Fold
Lothersdale
BD20 8HE
Tel:01535 632000

The most unnusual thing about my work is... I’m a colourist painter, that is I make colour a priority in my work, above form and realism. I think this has been quite unfashionable over recent years but I’ve stuck with it as it’s the best way for me to express myself.

3 biggest inspirations on your practice: the landscape, and the amazing variety of landscape in this country, the light , the weather. These have been inspiring me to paint since I was a child.

On Open studio exhibiting Sue says: I think visitors sometimes don’t get the open studio idea, one person last year asked me who had done all the paintings and he was shocked when I said “me”!

You can see more of Sue's work on her website www.suestrange.com


No comments:

Post a Comment