Wednesday 23 May 2012

Textile Artist Hannah Lamb



Name: Hannah Lamb

5 words to describe your practice: 

Stitched and printed landscape observations.


Exhibiting at:

13 Bromley Road
Shipley, BD18 4DS

11am-4pm 3rd - 5th of June 2012

I am delighted to be invited to exhibit in the home of natural-dyer Claire-Wellesley-Smith, and alongside woodturner Hugh Leishman.

The most unusual thing about my work is: 

I use objects and materials collected when walking in the Aire valley, including making tiny books from freshwater clam shells and shards of river washed pottery.

3 biggest inspirations on your practice:

Walking in the countryside.
Collecting or salvaging the overlooked.
My family, especially my Mum, who made my clothes when I was little and encouraged a creative approach to recycling materials.


Hannah once sold a piece of work to the actress Helena Bonham-Carter. We are looking forward to seeing if we have any famous visitors to our Open Studio!





No comments:

Post a Comment